Background on The Brooklyn Hip-Hop Festival (BHF)
Entering its 9th year, the Festival aims to highlight Hip-Hop’s legacy as an agent of artistic progression, community building and social change. BHF ‘13 events will continue to reflect the full range of Hip-Hop culture, which spans music, film, academics, grassroots empowerment and more. We want to celebrate it all.
This year’s Festival took place July 10th- July 13th, 2013.
The week-long format features a showcase of panel discussions, exhibitions, parties, award show and of course Performance Day, and the Family Day Block Party.
The Festival will kick-off on July 10th with its Bodega Education Initiative (BEI), a political forum at The Brooklyn Historical Society. On Thursday, July 11th our ‘Show & Prove’ series will conclude as the April, May and June Finalists square off to see who will open up the festivities on July 13th. The ever popular Salute The DJ (STDJ) series will return for 2013. This year the event will be incorporated into the Main Day on July 13th, as its own stage. Family Day will take place on the main Festival day, July 13th. All events are held throughout Brooklyn from Williamsburg to DUMBO.
For more on the Festival’s history visit the “About” page. Also check out the rest of the site for more information.
Enjoy some photos from Photo Rob, Joe Conzo and Liz Allen.
If you use these photos please credit our favorite Hip-Hop photographers.
High Resolution photos from the Brooklyn Hip-Hop Festival (2005-2012) available to publications in need of images for Press, etc.
For access to this non-public link, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org with “BHF Photo Request” in the subject line.
- BHF’12 Headliner PR:Busta Rhymes - READ HERE
- Bodega Education Initiative PR: Series Launch - READ HERE
- Show & Prove PR: Series Launch - READ HERE
- BHF’12 Dates PR: July 9-14th - READ HERE
- BHF’12 Kickstarter: Campaign Launch- READ HERE
- BHF’12 Artist Announcements: – READ HERE
- BHF’12 Show & Prove Super Bowl PR: “Hello Brooklyn”- READ HERE
- BHF’12 Bodega Education Initiative PR: “FORTIFIED” - READ HERE
- BHF’12 Salute The DJ PR: Tribute to Kiss FM & legacy of NYC Radio - READ HERE
- BHF’12 Dummy Clap Film Festival PR: 2 Days of Screenings and Panels - READ HERE
- BHF ’12 Family Day PR: Part of FLOTUS ‘Let’s Move Campaign’ - READ HERE
- BHF’12 Ticketing Location PR: New Era + “King Of The Ave” SnapBack – READ HERE
- BHF’12 Headler PR #2: Busta Rhymes & Friends - READ HERE